The Centre for Postgraduate Legal Studies established in accordance with UGC regulation will offer full time one-year LLM programme degree with a specialization in International Law commencing from 2021-2022 through Hindustan School of Law. The one-year LLM program provides an opportunity for law graduates to study International Law at an advanced level in a supportive environment. This programme is intended for Law graduates who wish to expand their intellectual horizon and to develop their career. The modules offered in LLM in International Law combines both Public and Private International Law.
This LL.M is a full time one-year program consists of 25 credits designed for law graduates who are seeking upon legal background for professional and scholarly advancement. To obtain an LLM from Hindustan School of Law, the students must complete three compulsory and six optional modules and dissertation. The programme runs full time from February 2021 to February 2022.
The admitted LLM student also has an option to complete the programme in Chicago Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology within the scope of MoU entered between the Hindustan School of Law and Chicago-Kent College of Law. As per the MoU, the student after successfully completing the I Semester at Hindustan School of Law can proceed to II semester at the Chicago-Kent College of Law provided the student has completed the required credits and fulfilled the requirements by Chicago-Kent College of Law. Students who have registered their Semester II with Chicago-Kent College of Law should complete a minimum of 14 academic credits hours of coursework. Upon the successful completion of II semester and dissertation in Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, the Chicago-Kent College of Law shall award a US LLM degree in International and Transnational Law. Only those students who satisfy the documentation and degree requirements of Chicago-Kent can move to United States for their II semester. The other students can proceed with II semester in India to get an LLM degree in International Law from the Hindustan School of Law.
Three Years/ Five Years LLB degree from any Indian or Foreign University recognized by University Grants Commission with at least 45% marks or equivalent degree offered by an university abroad. The admission to One Year LLM programme in Hindustan School of Law shall be on merit decided on an All India Admission Test. The Admissions Test will be for 70% of total marks of the test and the rest of 30% will be on publications, statement of purpose and interview.
The LLM programme in International Law will provide you with a strong foundation for a broad range of careers that involve an international law perspective like Legal officer in United Nations, Counsel in International organisation and International Law Practice. Some students can engage in research on completion of the LLM programme and can pursue a career in academia. The School will assist the students within its capacity in guiding them in career and professional development.