About Hindustan Institute of Technology And Science
Hindustan College of Engineering, started in the year 1985, was conferred the "University Status" by University Grants Commission (UGC), Government of India, Under Section 3 of UGC Act 1956 from the academic year 2008-09 and under the name HITS (Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science). Today, Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science is one of the most sought after engineering Institutions in Tamil Nadu, reputed for its highly qualified and experienced faculty and excellent infrastructural facilities for curricular and extra curricular activities, the University has maintained an enviable academic excellence right from its inception. The student community comprises of students from all over India and Overseas. We have students hailing from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Indonesia, Kenya, Korea, Liberia, Libya, Mauritius, Nigeria, Oman, Rwanda, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Sudan, U.A.E, Thailand, Vietnam, Tanzania, USA, etc. The university has accomplished its mission and its academic achievements are a testimony to the same. More than 80% of students secure first class with distinctions year after year. Over 950 students have been placed in leading companies in India and abroad in the last 3 years. The students of this reputed institution are receiving placement offers from leading companies in India and Abroad. The institution has collaborative partnerships with leading universities in USA, Singapore, Australia, etc. It has students and faculty exchange programs with leading international universities. The university has also has received numerous accolades and awards over the years.
- Top ranked institution with growing international reputation for excellence.
- Adopts emerging technologies to provide a richer learning environment.
- Sees learning and multi-disciplinary research as connected aspects of students’ wholesome experience.
- Multiple pathways for academic success through internships, camps, exchange and study abroad programmes.
- Fosters the spirit of entrepreneurship and empowers students to share ideas and develop creativity through Project Based Learning.
- Enhancing more connections and tie-ups with industries through “One Faculty One Industry” scheme.
- Designs curriculum that meets current global challenges and the needs of employers.
- Over 10 Schools and 20 departments inculcating value education across varied disciplines.
- Extensive range of Electives and Value Added Programmes to opt for credits.
- Multicultural campus fostering holistic learning and competitive comradeship.
- Scholarships and Awards to encourage active, and enthusiastic learners towards academics and sports excellence.
- Sponsorships and training for participation in National and International events and competitions.
- Wide opportunities for semester abroad, exchange and summer programmes, and joint research at varied institutions and industry across the world.
- Over 200 MoUs for academic and sports collaborations.
- Corporate Trainings and Campus Placement Programmes during the entire course of study.
- Several Clubs and Associations for students’ overall enhancement.
- Well-balanced modules of learning giving equal emphasis to curricular, co-curricular, and extracurricular activities.
- Emphasis of Research at UG level and support through E-cell.
- Great ground to showcase individual talents in cultural fronts and strike a fine balance academically.
- Tremendous platform to outshine in sports under the guidance and training of coaches with international repute.